Patient Representative Group
As a patient of Drs James Hamilton-Smith & Partners you are automatically a member of the Patient Representative Group (PRG).
The PRG is run by a group of volunteer patients, who have formed a committee, working in close liaison with the doctors and administration staff.
We work with the practice to ensure patients are at the centre of healthcare decision making by listening and communicating, learning and improving.
We can do this by:
- Improving communication by producing newsletters or leaflets that provide patients with information about their health and how to access services
- Organising health promotion events, together with the practice, so that patients can have a really good understanding of their health and how best to look after it
- Acting as a 'critical friend' to the practice, helping it to understand what patients think about some of the issues such as opening hours, telephone systems, seeing your favourite GP, available services etc
- Helping to fill some of the gaps in services by signposting patients to available support or providing services such as patient libraries, volunteer transport, befriending and support groups
- Fundraising to support the work of the PRG and to improve the care that is available to patients of the surgery
- Influencing the services that are provided, and where they are provided, by taking part in what are called Commissioning decisions this means that services can be developed in the way that is best for patients
- Carrying out research to find out what matters to patients and discussing the findings with the practice
- We hope to be affiliated to the National Association of Patient Participation Groups (NAPP - registered charity) whose principles and guidance we follow.
News From The Recent AGM
A full Management Committee was elected on 20th October 2011:
Chairperson - Ronald Curtis
Vice Chairperson - Terry Justice
Treasurer - Maire Justice
Secretary - Farhana Imran
Agenda May 2012
Agenda Mar 2012
Agenda Jan 2012
Agenda Nov 2011
Agenda Oct 2011
Minutes Feb 2013
Minutes May 2012
Minutes Mar 2012
Minutes Jan 2012
Minutes Nov 2011
Minutes Oct 2011
Minutes 18th September 2012
Minutes 3rd August 2012
Questionnaire Jan 2012
Questionnaire Nov 2011
Results of January 2012 questionnaire
Results of November 2011 questionnaire
Local Patient Participation Report & Action Plan
Patient Participation Report
Patient Reference Group Practice Action Plan
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Engagement Reference Forum
Join Our Mailing List
To join our mailing list, please contact a member of staff.
Join Our Active Membership Scheme
The PRG exists to help all patients and professionals and we need to increase the group of Active Members.
Please complete this form and send it back to the surgery (all information given is strictly confidential within the Practice).
To become an active member, please complete the application form here.
We look forward to welcoming you to our activities soon! - Chair, PRG