Latest update - 09.09.2020
Over 65's Flu Clinic's:
Tuesday 22nd September 2020
Thursday 24th September 2020
Friday 25th September 2020
Saturday 3rd October 2020
Children Nasal Flu Clinic (Children aged 2 or 3 on 31 August 2020 – that is, children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2018):
Monday 21st September 2020
You must call to book an appointment as the clinics have been designed to maintain social distancing and allow extra time for infection control.
We are currently awaiting the delivery of our flu vaccines for adults under 65 years old. We have an estimated delivery date Late-September for Under 65s. We will be booking Flu Clinics as soon as the flu vaccines have been delivered. Please see below to check if you are eligible. If you are eligible then please contact the surgery from Mid-September to book an appointment.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- people living with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- children in primary school
- children in year 7 (secondary school)
- frontline health or social care workers
Later in the year, the flu vaccine may be given to people aged 50 to 64. More information will be available later in the autumn.
However, if you're aged 50 to 64 and in an at-risk group, you should not delay having your flu vaccine.