Contact us online. If you need help with a non-urgent medical or admin request, you can now contact us online. Submit a new request.
THE UPSTAIRS SURGERY PCN HUB IS LIVE!
You can now book an appointment at the out of hours PCN Hub at Rush Green Medical Centre, via this QR Code or via this website:
The Upstairs Surgery is Continuously reviewing our appointment system
We have increased the amount of Face-to-Face appointments at the surgery.
Urgent on the day appointments are being carried out via Telephone and face-to-face, if you have a telephone consultation and the doctor wishes to see you, you will be asked the attend the surgery.
Routine appointments can be done via telephone and face to face, these can be booked via online access.
Please only book a face to face appointment if you need a physical examination
Reception can help guide you as to what appointment type is best suited for your needs. If you are booking an appointment for test results then please book a telephone appointment unless the reception team advise you otherwise. We are still not out of the pandemic and we would like to minimise the spread of COVID in Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge by avoiding unnecessary contact to the practice.
Please also remember to cancel an appointment if you no longer need it.
If you are overdue for your covid booster vaccine, then you can also book online using the following link:
Our team of GPs, Nurses, Management, Reception and Admin are here to help you. We understand this is a difficult time for people and we want to continue to offer safe and efficient care for all our patients. Please Help Use so we can continue to Help You.
You can do this by:
- Wear a Face Mask when attending the surgery (unless medically exempt). We are doing this to help protect our staff and other patients in the surgery. Our Receptionist does not need to wear a mask when at reception desk as we have installed perspex screens.
- Understanding that our telephone lines may be busier as more people are calling then coming into surgery.
- Only call from 8:00am Monday to Friday if you call is for a on the day urgent appointment request. For anything non-urgent please call after 10.00am.
- Please give as much information as possible to our reception team when they ask you what the problem is when booking an appointment. All of our reception team have received Care Navigation training to ensure you are signposted to the relevant team. Our GP Partners have asked our team to triage the problem when booking appointments.
- Think before calling, is the GP Surgery the correct place. Could it be something that could be treated at the pharmacy? You can submit an online consultation via our website for further information.
- Please do not shout, use violent language or aggressive behaviour towards any member staff. We follow a strict Zero Tolerance policy.
Thank you in your co-operation.
Please use email@example.com for enquiries and queries. Please note we are not able to process prescription requests or book appointments via email. See below for how to do both of these.
Follow Us on Twitter
We are now on twitter, follow us @SurgeryUpstairs for the latest news, updates and information.
Using online consult
Please use the Accurx online consultation service on this website's homepage for online consultation, medical advice, requesting medical certificates and other admin, once received this will then be reviewed by a Clinician and you will receive a response within 72 working hours of submitting.
Signing up for Online Patient Access
By either downloading the NHS APP or contacting a member of our reception team on 0208 5971840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will then send you the online registration form which you will need to complete and send back with a CLEAR photo of yourself holding your passport photo page open or driving licence next to your face.
Sign up for the NHS App
You can then request your medication online, view your medical record (including blood test results and Covid Vaccination Passport) and book appointments.
Patients at The Upstairs surgery may request repeat prescriptions in the below various ways:
- Online (NHS APP or other providers) - please speak with our reception team for details of this service
- Using The Upstairs Surgery prescription box in Health Centre located on first floor by lifts.
- Via a pharmacy of your choice
- By post
We DO NOT accept prescription requests over the phone or email due to security reasons.
Our partners operate within the new GMS contract. Our aim is to provide a high standard of quality medical care and we need your co-operation in order to achieve this.
This website is designed to tell you about your Practice and how to get the best from our range of services. We aim to provide personal family doctoring whilst working together as part of Primary Health Care Team.
We have 3 GP Partners, 3 Practice Nurses and a great team of management, administration and receptionists who work alongside together to provide effective, efficient and educational care to patients.
The Upstairs Surgery is part of the Havering Crest PCN.
Our aim is to provide the best possible clinical care from our team of clinical, managerial, administrative and reception staff to give a high quality, courteous, efficient and friendly service.