Flu Season 2021-2022 (Updated 09/09/2021)
We are currently awaiting delivery of our flu vaccines, all patients eligible for the vaccine will be contacted as soon as we receive this stock.
The Upstairs Surgery is open and fully staffed seeing patients face to face.
We are now in a new phase of the pandemic and we are offering a combination of Telephone and Face to Face appointments that patients can book themselves online.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19.
Please only book a face to face appointment if you need a physical examination, reception can help guide you as to what appointment type is best suited for your needs. If you are booking an appointment for test results then please book a telephone appointment unless the reception team advise you otherwise. We are still not out of the pandemic and we would like to minimise the spread of COVID in Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge by avoiding unnecessary contact to the practice.
PLEASE ALSO REMEMBER TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU NO LONGER NEED IT. IN THIS PANDEMIC A LOST APPOINTMENT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING AS DEMAND IS SO HIGH.
If you still have not booked your COVID vaccine, please use the following link : COVID-19 VACCINES
**Please make sure we have your up to date contact details to ensure you get invited without any delay.**
You can gain access to your COVID-19 Vaccination passport, please use the NHS APP
Our team of GPs, Nurses, Management, Reception and Admin are here to help you. We understand this is a difficult time for people and we want to continue to offer safe and efficient care for all our patients. Please Help Use so we can continue to Help You.
You can do this by:
1. Wear a Face Mask when attending the surgery (unless medically exempt). We are doing this to help protect our staff and other patients in the surgery. Our Receptionist does not need to wear a mask when at reception desk as we have installed perspex screens.
2. Understanding that our telephone lines may be busier as more people are calling then coming into surgery.
3. Only call from 08:00am Monday-Friday if you call is for a on the day urgent appointment request. For anything non-urgent please call after 10.00am.
4. Please give as much information as possible to our reception team when they ask you what the problem is when booking an appointment. All of our reception team have received Care Navigation training to ensure you are signposted to the relevant team. Our GP Partners have asked our team to triage the problem when booking appointments.
5. Think before calling, is the GP Surgery the correct place. Could it be something that could be treated at the pharmacy? You can submit an
E-consult via our website for further information.
6. Please do not shout, use violent language or aggressive behaviour towards any member staff. We follow a strict Zero Tolerance policy.
Thank you in your co-operation.
All staff at The Upstairs Surgery.
Contacting us by phone
Please be sensible and call at less busy times for general enquiries so urgent calls are not delayed. Please also think, is your call important or can you get the information somewhere else e.g. online.
Contacting us by email
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries and queries. Please note we are not able to process prescription requests or book appointments via email. See below for how to do both of these.
Follow us on Twitter
We are now on twitter, follow us @SurgeryUpstairs for the latest news, updates and information.
Please use the E-consults on this website's homepage for online consultation, medical advice, requesting medical certificates and other admin, once received this will then be reviewed by a Clinician and you will receive a response within 72 working hours of submitting.
Share this message far and wide with family, friends and others who are patients.
SIGN UP FOR ONLINE SERVICES by either downloading the NHS APP or contacting a member of our reception team on 0208 5971840 or email email@example.com who will then send you the online registration form which you will need to complete and send back with a CLEAR photo of yourself holding your passport photo page open or driving licence next to your face.
Sign up for the nhs app
You can then request your medication online, view your medical record (including blood test results and Covid Vaccination Passport) and book appointments.
Patients at The Upstairs surgery may request repeat prescriptions in the below various ways:
· Online (NHS APP or other providers) - please speak with our reception team for details of this service
· Using The Upstairs Surgery prescription box in Health Centre located on first floor by lifts.
· Via a pharmacy of your choice
· By post
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS OVER THE PHONE OR EMAIL DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.
Please complete the Pre-appointment Covid Questionnaire sent via SMS message before attending surgery.
Use the sanitising station when entering and leaving the surgery.
Stand behind the barrier and hazard tape when in reception front desk area.
Please sit at least 2 meters away from other patients, abide by social distancing signs.
There is a cleaning station please use for chairs before seating on.
Please do not arrive too early as this could cause a bottleneck at reception.
Please do not bring multiple family members to the appointment. If you can, come alone or with one primary carer.
Please wash your hands before and after the visit and use tissues to catch any sneezes/coughs
By working together and taking individual responsibility we will overcome this. Please follow the guidance, stay safe and look out for those who are vulnerable.
Our partners operate within the new GMS contract. Our aim is to provide a high standard of quality medical care and we need your co-operation in order to achieve this.
This website is designed to tell you about your Practice and how to get the best from our range of services. We aim to provide personal family doctoring whilst working together as part of Primary Health Care Team.
We have 3 GP Partners, 3 Practice Nurses and a great team of managment, administration and receptionists who work alongside together to provide effective, efficient and educational care to patients.
The Upstairs Surgery is part of the Havering Crest PCN.
Our aim is to provide the best possible clinical care from our team of clinical, managerial, administrative and reception staff to give a high quality, courteous, efficient and friendly service.