Private Medical Reports & Other Non-NHS Services
The Upstairs Surgery can offer patients a range of other services that do not form part of the NHS General Medical Service provision.
Private Medical Examinations
The doctors are able to perform medical examinations for patients who may require them for work, insurance, private or other reasons. The doctor may also have to examine a patient to assess the current state of medical health, before signing / endorsing forms. These are all private medical examinations where a fee will be charged. Some fees are recommended by the British Medical Association, others are negotiable and usually set by the practice. Please check the current fee at the time of booking your medical.
- HGV / PSV Driver medical examinations
- Elderly Driver medical examinations
- Fitness to travel / fly /drive medical examinations
- Taxi driver medical examinations
- Sports medical examinations
- Employment medical examinations
- Insurance medical examinations
- Other private medical examinations – please call 01708 629733 to make an appointment
Patient Reports / Forms and Other Services
The doctors provide other non-NHS services where a fee will be charged. Please check the current scale of charges at the time of requesting the service or your doctor will inform you of the appropriate charges when you are seen.
These services include:
- Insurance policy reports / certificates
- Private patient consultations
- Private certificates
- Private prescriptions
- Patient requested reports for various purposes / reasons 3 Private health care claim form completion
- Holiday cancellation forms / certificates
- Taxi card application form completion
- Health club / fitness forms for completion This is not an exhaustive list – please check with reception.
Please note – the doctors do NOT endorse gun licence application forms.