Care Navigation - Self Help and Self-Referrals
A person centred approach using signposting to help patients receive:-
- The Right Care
- By the Right Professional
- At the Right Time
Why Care Navigation?
- Improves primary care by introducing better signposting for patients.
- Helps improve access to general practice services
- Patients see the most appropriate Clinician or service to meet their needs.
How Will it work?
- Reception staff have been trained to Care Navigate and will ask you some questions about the reason for your appointment.
- Receptionists are trained to follow a protocol, they will not make clinical decisions themselves.
- Reception may signpost you to an alternative healthcare service.
- If you need to see a GP you will still be able to.
You could be signposted to:-
- Practice Pharmacist
- Nurse Practitioner
- First for Wellbeing
- Talking Therapies
- Social Prescriber
You can self-referral services such as Antenatal, Talking Therapies, Marie Stopes, Havering MIND, Age UK and many other services. Please click on the link for all the services and information how to access them: haveringhealth.co.uk/care-navigation-self-help